I met with one of my new marathon customers as of late and saw 7 things amid a snappy 5 minutes survey of his marathon bicycle (this was after I beseeched him to convey his bicycle to one of his swim instructional courses). Ideally you can gain from these 7 issues:
1. Essential marathon bicycle upkeep. The principal thing I saw was his chain – it was corroded. Six drops of chain lube could have kept this rust. Tenderfoot marathon runners regularly know minimal about essential bike support. The chain ought to be cleaned when grimy and greased up. Your nearby bicycle shop can give you some incredible proposals about cleaning arrangements and ointments you can use on your marathon bicycle.
2. Brakes rubbing. The second thing I saw was his front brake was rubbing the wheel. This was for the most part because of the way that the bicycle was transported free in the back of a pickup truck. The principal run is to secure your bicycle on the off chance that you are conveying it in your vehicle (an elastic tangle on the off chance that it must lay level in the auto – a bicycle rack is better). Second, dependably check your brakes previously you begin your ride (particularly on the off chance that you need to take your wheels off to transport the bicycle). You can test this by holding the wheel off the ground and turning it hard. In the event that there is an issue the wheel won’t turn uninhibitedly – you will feel vibration in the edge or hear a rub, and the wheel will back off. In the event that the brake is rubbing verify whether the wheel was put on effectively (you can likewise modify the brake get together somewhat by hand). On the off chance that the brakes are as yet rubbing you need to have a bicycle shop verify whether your wheel edge is distorted and should be trued.
3. Seat pack supplies. His seat pack supplies were the accompanying: wireless and keys. Not great. Ensure you have no less than one extra container of the right size (you can locate the size on the sidewall of your bicycle tires), tire levers, some supply of air (either a CO2 cartridge or a bicycle pump), and a couple of bucks. Other great things to consider are a tube repair unit and a hex torque set. The mobile phone and ID are additionally a smart thought.
4. Eye security. He didn’t have a couple of shades or other eye assurance. It is basic to have your eyes secured, not simply from the sun but rather from a 50 mph shake or bug. Can these reason uneasiness, as well as they can prompt a disaster area with another cyclist or much more terrible a vehicle. This is similarly as critical as a bicycle head protector (you have your bicycle cap right?)
5. Tire weight. His tire weight was about a large portion of the prescribed weight. Check the sidewall of your tire – it will give you the suggested weight territory. Get a decent floor pump with a weight measure so you can fill your tires legitimately before you ride. Appropriately filled tires make less moving protection – and let you ride quicker with less exertion. In any case, be mindful so as not to overload your tire – that is another great method to get a level.
6. Figure out how to settle a level. Kindly don’t be one of those marathon runners whose level repair pack is a PDA (and you will get a level). Watch the video above where I demonstrate to you the best possible approach to settle a bicycle level.
7. See, tune in and feel. We’ve gone over what to search for, yet while riding the bicycle try to tune in for squeaks, pops and rubbing commotions. On the off chance that you hear or feel anything like this give careful consideration. These are certain fire signs that there is something incorrectly. More often than not these are things that can be effortlessly settled by your neighborhood bicycle shop. In any case, left unattended they could back you off and in the long run may make something break.